Rules of Engagement for News Media Consumers
How to stay informed without losing your mind:
- Journalistic objectivity is and always has been a unicorn.
- Neither news, nor history, nor life is “made” on TV, in a newspaper article or with a social media post.
- Media bias evident during an election cycle is always there…every day…in every news “story”…on any subject.
- Never confuse a poll result with a historical event or even a newsworthy one.
- Never, ever, ever read a “news story” about a media personality.